
Trayton has been begging us to send him to school for MONTHS. Finally I decided to get motivated and start a 'home-preschool' with him. We just started on Monday and he absolutely loves it. After lunch we spend just a half hour or so learning the alphabet, colors, shapes, numbers, and we do a fun activity like play dough. Nothing too elaborate...I'm not THAT motivated. This week we are learning the letter A. I'm glad that Trayton is enjoying it. I hope I can keep it interesting enough so he doesn't get bored. Any ideas?

4 comments:
That's great! Madeline also frequently asks to go to school on the school bus. We've taken her to the elementary school to pick her cousin up and she loved just looking at everything on the walls and playing in the kindergarten room. With "lessons" at home, I find that the simpler they are, the better - it will teach them to love learning!!! There's also a neat program called "Joy School" which is something I did when I was their age...you can find more info on valuesparenting.com
Good luck :)
You and Trayton are going to have a blast doing preschool! not to mention, you'll make the rest of us look bad! I just send my kid off the first chance I get! haha and here in TX he goes to a baptist preschool!! He sure brings up Jesus in regular conversation a whole lot more now!
That's great you are working with him! My sister directed me to a great website http://www.preschoolbystormie.com/
Check it out there are awesome ideas on there!
Mandi! HI! It has been a LONG time since I've talked to you! Your little boys are adorable...and they seem like they get a long really well (from what you've posted). That is great that you are doing this! I am planning on starting Keagan's "preschool" in May when he turns 3, so I'd love to find out more about what you're doing!
Post a Comment