Friday, August 1, 2008

Work of Art!

Since we are remodeling our house, I visit lots of different home decorating websites and love hgtv. I've noticed the experts often use a canvas spattered with paint to decorate the walls. I think it looks kind of cool but was surprised at how expensive it can be. Why would I pay 100's of dollars for something that looks like my kids decorated it? So I bought some canvas covered frames and we did a little family art session. I love them. So simple and easy and the kids got to help. Every time we sit down at the table the boys talk about how fun it was to paint with mom and dad. AND it only cost like 10 bucks.

9 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

those look awesome and I bet someone would pay hundreds for them!

Meg and Jeremy said...

So Cute! What a great idea! Do you mind if I borrow it?

Sydney said...

What a great idea. They look great!

Dahlia said...

I've been wanting to do the same thing. You've totally inspired me to just do it - these look great - I love the colors! Can't wait to see your kitchen remodel :)

Oh yes, Michelle Johnston said she found you from our blog. Small world, huh? Miss you guys!

Allison said...

I am so impressed with the pictures. I want them for my house!

Aunt Tiff said...

K...so I saw these really cool art wall hanging things while sitting on your couch and had NO idea that your cute family made them...what a GREAT idead!! It was so good to see you guys! I think you all are pretty much AMAZING!! Wish we got to see you more often. i will post pics soon! Still waiting for the info on Alaska! Love you guys!!

The Mattesons said...

Rikk and I love them and that is such a good idea, we are going to have to try it for our next house. You are so creative and it looks like a good time was had by all.

Aunt Bec said...

I love the originality (Is that a word??) of it. I am sure the boys are probably very proud of it as well. Good Job!

Hanie said...

Hey LOVE the colors! Those are the colors of my bedroom so if you ever get tired of them (which I doubt) I can take them off your hands :)

Alaska

Alaska