If I'm not mistaken this is a picture of a p51 mustang and the bigger plane is the same type of plane that was used in the Doolittle raid.
It was really cool watching the show that these two little planes put on. At the end of the show the US Thunderbirds arrived.
This picture doesn't do them justice. They are amazing. The Thunderbird team flies all over the nation putting on air shows. Mountain Home tries to host a thunderbird show every other year. So in 2010 I hope you all will come visit and join us for the air show...
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Air Show!
On Saturday the Air Force put on an air show and the kids and I decided to go check it out. I think this picture says it all. Do you think these boys were having fun???
They had several planes on static display that the boys got to go inside and they even got to climb around on top of a tank.
And they had all sorts of planes doing flying stunts all afternoon. They even had some parachuters. At first the boys were pretty upset that somebody jumped out of a plane. Especially Kade. He couldn't understand why anyone would jump. But after he saw them land and knew that they were okay he asked me if he could jump out of a plane too.
Obviously I told him no but he reassured himself by telling me that he would wait until he was bigger and then he would try. Oh, my little fearless Kade...what am I going to do with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alaska

5 comments:
Look at you knowing the names of planes and the specific raids!! Jonathan has brainwashed...I mean, educated you well!! haha
How fun for the boys! I bet they were thinking you were about the coolest mom for taking them to that!!
Looks like SO much fun...my boys would have LOVED it!!! And I love your last post witht he tub pic and I love Silverstien...I have all of his books! How are you anyway? Hope you are hanging in there!
I'm so glad you posted pictures. We were totally bummed we missed the air show. The first year we got there they canceled it because of funds and then of course we were gone by the next time around.
Good for you to still get out and do things with your kids! You're a trooper!
What a fun mom you are! Looks like the boys had a great time. I love the bath picture too! So cute - little naked kids in the tub are so adorable!
SO I just watched Sara Palin on an interview on Hannitys America and she seems like a pretty cool lady so far. So you really want to move back to Alaska huh... not to cold for you huh. I bet it is really beautiful there. What was your favorite part?
Post a Comment