Saturday, October 24, 2009

White Water Rafting

Back in August, Jonathan and I had the awesome opportunity to go white water rafting for the very first time. Jonathan was excited. I was terrified. You know how sometimes when people are nervous they laugh. Well, imagine me as we hit our first rapid (it was only a class two) and I'm so nervous that I start giggling. Uncontrollable giggles. Hysterical giggles. My whole raft was busy rowing through the rapid and I was frozen with my oar in the air GIGGLING. I was so embarrassed. To make matters worse we just got the pictures from the trip yesterday. Sure enough, in every one I have my oar in the air with a cheesey smile on my face. I thought I got more control over myself as we went through a few more rapids. Obviously not.

At least I ended up having tons of fun. We went with the base outdoors program. I'm so impressed with their program. Not only did we get to go at over half the price of any other guided tour organization, but they also provided the transportation, equipment, guides and photographers. I'm so glad we got to go and I'm already looking forward to going again next year. So plan your trips now and we can all go together!

4 comments:

Kent Palmer Family said...

That looks like fun! I would love to do something like that, if I was not pregnant. I am so glad that you guys were able to spend time together and have a lot of laughs. Hope all is well with your family. We miss you lots. Give the kids hugs and kisses from us. Love ya!!!!

Kari said...

I went rafting here this summer and loved it! I am glad to know that you had a blast too! It sounds like you've got it made with Outdoor Rec. That is just awesome! I would go again too for such a great deal!

Aunt Tiff said...

looks like lots of fun! We had a blast 3 summers ago when we went!! You are a funny girl!!

Hanie said...

Mandi I would probably be in the same boat with you laughing my head off. That is awesome you guys got to do that. It's on my list of things to do in life. Now you need to go bungy jumping! :)

Alaska

Alaska