Sunday, July 31, 2011

Alaska

From June 14-28 we had the opportunity to visit Alaska.  We miss Alaska.  It was so great to go back.  Somehow I convinced my mother to come with us and oh what blessing that was. We flew into Anchorage and spent several days sightseeing there but we also traveled to Seward, Chitina, and Valdez.  What a beautiful state.  Unfortunately we ended up getting sick.  At one point or another 5 out of 6 of us ended up at the Doctors and being put on antibiotics.  We had conjuctivitis, tonsilitis, strep, bronchitis, and more.  It was insane.  Despite the unfortunate trials we all ended up having a blast.  We went on a cruise, camping, fishing, hiked to a glacier, toured museums, ate great food, and we can't forget the many trips to the hotel pool.  When Nana asked the boys what their favorite part of the trip was they both agreed that swimming was the best.  I could have stayed home and taken them swimming.  Oh well, I had fun doing the other stuff too.


No comments:

Alaska

Alaska