I think I'm suppose to be excited for my kids to go back to school, but honestly, I'm bummed. I can't believe Trayton will be gone the whole day. He is the BEST helper EVER. I'm going to miss him. He was excited to start first grade. Excited and extremely anxious. But he put on a brave face and there were no tears and no clinging to me as I tried to leave. I backed out of his classroom slowly waiting for the melt down that never came.
Kade is growing up too fast. We went to his kindergarten orientation today. He was amazing. So confident and carefree. When we were leaving he told me not to walk with him cause he could handle finding his way around without me. I explained we were heading the same direction and that he needed me to drive him home. He responded with, "Mom, just stop and wait. I got this." So I did. Kade, Please don't outgrow me too fast. I miss you so much and I hope you LOVE kindergarten.
This morning during breakfast Trayton was excitedly telling Jordynn about how he gets to spend the whole day at school. I walked out to the kitchen to see this. What happened? Apparently Jordynn was heartbroken that Trayton would not be there to play with her and Trayton just kept telling her that he would miss her. Jordynn and Trayton have always been very close. They sat there, holding each other, for maybe ten minutes. Crying and hugging. Once they finally broke apart Trayton found one of his "special" rocks and gave it to Jordynn. She carried it in her pocket all day.

2 comments:
That last picture is so Tender!! They are growing up way too fast!!
Ok, break my heart why don't ya?? How did you keep it together enough to grab your camera? I'm a hot mess just looking at the picture!
This will be our household come Monday! Excitement, anxiety, lonely siblings, and a mom who is going to miss that extra pair of hands immensely!
Post a Comment