
Jordynn's 4 month check up was yesterday. I feel so bad for them when they have to get shots. But other than that everything looks great. Her belly button is healing nicely. She is in the 75 percentile in both height and weight, which would make her the first of our three children to be proportionate (Trayton is tall and skinny and Kade is short and chubby). She weighs just over 14 lbs. and is 25 inches tall and is simply too much fun.

Last night for FHE we gave the boys their own set of scriptures. It was cute to see how excited they were, especially Trayton. He keeps asking me to tell him more scripture stories. Last night we taught them about the stripling warriors and how they had to go to war to defend their families. And then Daddy had to try to tell them that he was going to have to go to war to defend our family. I don't know if they understood the words we were telling them but I think they understood the emotion of it. Trayton simply said, "Mom, I think my head is going to cry" and Kade sat very still (which is not normal for him) and just stared at us. I feel discouraged that I have to teach my kids about war at such a young age. I wish we could all just pretend that evil did not exist. But I can't. Instead I'm trying to focus on the positive side and teach my boys that because of Daddy's service to our country he has the opportunity to serve those who need help and perhaps even teach them about Jesus. And that if we have faith like the stripling warriors Heavenly Father can keep Daddy safe just like he did the Nephites.
3 comments:
You two are such inspired parents. I think that was a great lesson to teach with the current circumstance with Jonathan. What a beautiful family!
I love how in this post all your family members are bald! Too cute! What good parents you are!! I've always admired you for your parenting skills & great ideas on raising them. You have lucky kids!
That must have been an emotional moment. You are so wise to give them the news along with the scriptures and stories about how the Lord takes care of his servants. It is an inspiration to me.
-Allison
Post a Comment