Monday, May 4, 2009

Heaven

The military gave Jonathan a few weeks of R&R and then Jonathan took some leave so we had him home with us for the entire month of April. It was Heaven. I'm so sad that he had to go back to work today. But the last two weeks of his leave was very productive. For Jordynn's birthday we splurged and got a swing set for the kids. The boys call it a park. I can't express how excited I am about our 'park'. Now the boys never want to come inside and my days are so relaxing!! Why didn't I get this sooner?? Jordynn loves it too but she requires a bit of supervision.

And Jonathan finished the enormous shed he built. I am so amazed at his talent for building. We moved from a big house to a little house and had no storage room here. But now we do. He even installed a window unit to keep it cool during the summer months so we can store our year supply out there. Jonathan you are amazing. Thanks for all your hard work.

5 comments:

Hanie said...

Sounds like Jonathan was busy during his r&r. He's a very handy man. - And boy are your kids getting big! p.s. I get home sometime between June 7th-15th. Not quite sure yet.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Hey looks like a lot of fun out there in your "park". Can't wait to visit so we can play too. And good job Jonathan, even though you worked Mandi nearly to death, I guess it payed off in the end. Mandi be glad he's back at work so you don't have to do any more manual labor for a while. Ha ha!

Aunt Tiff said...

So glad you got him for a month!! he is SO talented!! Isn't it great to have someone like that around!!!

The Mattesons said...

We are so glad that he is home and that you all were able to enjoy him for a whole month!

Nicole Palmer said...

A SWING SET!!!! Oh that is my dream! How fun for you guys.

Alaska

Alaska