Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Over 2100 miles in 6 DAYS!

This last weekend we made a surprise trip to AZ. Because of technical delays on behalf of our beloved Air Force we didn't leave Mountain Home until 9:30 Tuesday morning. 15 LONG hours later we arrived at Nana's house. They didn't know we were coming. We called and woke Grandpa up. Nana heard our voices outside her bedroom window as I was trying to convince Grandpa to get out of bed and unlock the doors. She literally jumped out of her bed and ran outside in shock. I tried to get it on video but it was too dark. We spent a very short day and a half riding horses, learning to rope, and visiting with family. Then it was off to Heber. We spent that evening visiting with friends and family. Friday we were off again to Mesa. I got to meet my newest little niece Carly. (She is SOOO sweet!) We got to go to the Mesa temple and surprise some of Jonathan's family by being there for Caroline's endowment. Wow. That was an amazing temple session. Saturday morning we had the opportunity to go back to the temple to support Leon and Amy as they were sealed to their boys. Another amazing moment at the temple. We then left for Las Vegas to visit Meg. Unfortunately, Kade and Jordynn got very sick that day. I can't remember how many times I had to dive into the back seat to catch another round of vomit. We didn't dare stop at Meg's and expose those sweet babies to our sickies. When we stopped in Vegas for dinner Meg drove over and we waved to the kids in the car. So sad. I wish we could have stayed. We drove all the way to St. George that night. We got a hotel and then stayed awake most of the night with a screaming Jordynn. After a few hours of sleep we continued our journey home. Jordynn and Kade were both feeling much better and miraculously the rest of us didn't get sick. Over 2100 miles in 6 days. Not a trip I would take very often. But the chance to attend the temple for 2 very special events was too enticing for us to pass up. Thanks to all the family that put us up on such short notice. We miss you all and hope the next time we come we'll be able to stick around a little longer.

3 comments:

Dahlia said...

Holy Moly, that makes me road weary just reading that post! You guys are troopers for sure...We've got 3500 miles ahead of us next week, well, Jeremy and the girls do - I'm flying back to Kansas. I'm still bummed we didn't get to see you in Mt.Home - so sorry about that. And I am so happy you were able to make the two special temple events - it's always great to have family there :)

AMBCrandell said...

Mandi, It was so nice of a surprise seeing you in the temple! I was told jonathan was coming but had no idea the whole family came! It was funt o see my "best friend" again. Your kids are so cute and you yourself "skinny" mandy are looking beautiful. I hope I can get to know more of your family someday:)sorry they got sick...:( vomit in the car is no bueno

AMBCrandell said...

We will come now. On our way:) Well MAYBE you guys can take another trip to AZ when we have a house party:) Maybe your family can be our preferred guests! haha. We would love to come visit sometime in the cold season because snow+your kids=fun. Our house is open anytime you guys come but you will have to deal with Andrews vintage design of a loft he has setup:) We are excited for our first home. It also has another big plus, fenced backyards means no stolen kids, and its in a culdesac so no broken kids:)

Alaska

Alaska