Sunday, September 12, 2010

Swim Lessons

Trayton and Kade took swim lessons in July.  They LOVED it.  Trayton turned into a little fish. Kade was timid for the first time in his life but had so much fun.  Jordynn was bummed that she wasn't old enough to take lessons so we would go back later in the afternoon and let them all play.  So much fun.
Kade is getting ready to jump off the diving board.  He wanted to jump SOOO BAD.  But when he got to the end he froze.  Jordynn and I stood on the side and cheered for him. Jump Kade, Jump.  Crouched in jumping position with a perma-grin on he yelled back, "I'm trying, but I can't move."  His swim instructor eventually went and gave him a friendly nudge off the edge.  Kade was thrilled to have 'jumped' off the diving board.
Jordynn LOVED the water.  Her first time in the pool she was immediately knocked over twice by bigger kids and I had to jump in with my clothes still on and pull her up.  The water is only 2 feet deep but she couldn't figure out how to keep her feet under her.  After a couple mouthfuls of water I thought she'd be done with swimming but it didn't even phase her.
Trayton loved to play shark and chase all the girls.  His confidence in the water surprised me. He absolutely loved the diving board, even after he belly flopped a few times.  Apparently he thought he was cool and was trying to do flips in the air but only landed on his tummy.

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

You gotta love this phase in our lives, right? We can't look fashionable @ the pool & forget about being self-concious about your body: your in the pool whether you want to be or not!! Kade CRACKS ME UP!!

Alaska

Alaska