According to WebMD, "A concussion is a brain injury that is caused by a sudden blow to the head or to the body."
According to Trayton, "A concussion hurts."
I guess it's a good thing he's so tough!
I didn't witness the event. Just the aftermath. The whole family was at the commissary for some rapid shopping. You know. The kind of shopping where you divide the list in two. Dad takes two kids. Mom takes two kids. And you get two weeks of shopping done as fast as possible. Dad took Trayton and Jordynn and went to get a cart. He picked up Jordynn to stick her in the child seat part and heard Trayton say something about riding in the cart too. Before he had a chance to set Jordynn in the cart Trayton was on the floor crying and the cart was tipped on its side. Fortunately he hit his head on a wooden pallet. I say fortunately because the pallet has more give than the concrete floor. He obviously had a headache but seemed relatively okay. Until we started driving home and he couldn't stay awake. And then became nauseus. We ended up at the Dr.'s where they confirmed our suspicions of a concussion. Thankfully it is a mild one. As a precaution I had to get up every two hours throughout the night to make sure he could wake up. He woke up this morning feeling great and the Dr said for him to start a normal routine again. Thank goodness.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alaska


2 comments:
Scary! Glad he was OK and it was only mild. Braelynn is getting so big and cute. Also, would you and Jonathan come down to run the Ragnar, cause you would be in FOR SURE!!! That would be a blast! :)
Wow...it's amazing how FAST things can happen! We've had a few close calls with our kids too. But, I'm glad Trayton is okay! It was fun to see your family updates! The hockey game on Valentines day sounds like a great adventure...I've never been to one. Carlos saw one at the Olympics in SLC...maybe I can talk him into taking me to one! :) Have a great day!
Post a Comment