Jordynn got her ears pierced! She's asked for several months. But every time I explained the process of ear piercings she would change her mind. I found some cute sticker earrings that Santa gave Jordynn for Christmas. I thought it would make her happy. It fueled her desire to get her ears pierced. So we were at Wal-Mart one day and were walking pass the jewelry counter and I asked the attendant to show Jordynn the ear-piercing guns. I figured she would get scared and not keep asking. I explained that it hurt to have your ears pierced. She looked worried. We walked away. As we left the store she exclaimed, "Okay Mom, let's do it. It'll only hurt for a little while." What? I told her she could get them pierced the following day if she still wanted too. She had to wait until after dinner the following day. But was oh so excited. The women in the jewelry department were very sweet. Jordynn got sillier and sillier as the women told her how cute she was. She picked out her birthstone earrings with a matching necklace. There was one lady who was slightly annoying. She kept telling Jordynn to come back and get a second earring and at one point just before the actual piercing she tried telling Jordynn not to worry cause it only felt like a "fingernail tapping your hand." Wait, what? I'm sorry but it hurts. I wanted Jordynn to know what to expect. I won't lie to her. Jordynn didn't look at all nervous. UNTIL they stuck the guns to her ears. But she asked me to hold her hand and that was all she needed. I told her it was okay to cry just don't scream. She cried for about two minutes and then was fine. They even gave her a certificate of bravery. She LOVES showing them off to everyone!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alaska

1 comment:
I love it...super brave!
Post a Comment