So here's the latest on my unwanted house visitors. After 48 hours of having Jonathan's cage of bees in my laundry room he finally got home from work early enough to get them in the hive. A really kind lady that lives down the street gave Jonathan permission to set up the hive in her alfalfa field so Jonathan didn't have to set it up in my back yard. I wasn't too thrilled about setting up a beehive in the same yard that the boys play.
Anyway, here are some pictures of Jonathan transferring the bees from the shipping cage to the hive. For those of you who were wondering WHY in the world does he want bees...HONEY. Jonathan had fresh honeycomb on his mission and has been interested in it ever since. He has seriously researched this subject for years and finally decided to try his hand at raising bees and harvesting honey. (Sorry the pictures aren't that great. I was being a coward and hiding in the truck.)
Anyway, here are some pictures of Jonathan transferring the bees from the shipping cage to the hive. For those of you who were wondering WHY in the world does he want bees...HONEY. Jonathan had fresh honeycomb on his mission and has been interested in it ever since. He has seriously researched this subject for years and finally decided to try his hand at raising bees and harvesting honey. (Sorry the pictures aren't that great. I was being a coward and hiding in the truck.)

3 comments:
Haha! I would be hiding in the truck too!
LOL! Oh my, you are a great wife Mandi! I can see his fasination with bees. But, I also wouldn't want to see them in my house! :)
That's fantastic!! I've always thought about keeping bees but I've never had the space to do that. I hope the honey is great!
Post a Comment