Today I got a call from the post office and the man on the phone said I needed to come down and pick up a package of bees. WHAT??? Yes, I agreed to support Jonathan in his bee hobby...BUT, only on the condition that I didn't have to do anything with them. However, Jonathan was at work and begged me to pick them up for him. And, of course the people in the post office were more than anxious to get rid of the bees. The man on the phone all but begged me to hurry down and pick them up. Being the GREAT wife that I am, I gathered all the courage I could muster and went to face my fears. This is what I found at the post office.
Is that creepy or what?!? My husband has some of the strangest hobbies EVER! He owes me big for this one. And since he got home too late tonight he couldn't get them in the hive so they are sitting in my laundry room. Yes, that's right, they are INSIDE my house. The boys think they are cool but I'm terrified. I keep staring at the door to the laundry room and waiting for them to bust out of their tiny cage and swarm under the door and attack me. Have I mentioned that I hate bees?
Is that creepy or what?!? My husband has some of the strangest hobbies EVER! He owes me big for this one. And since he got home too late tonight he couldn't get them in the hive so they are sitting in my laundry room. Yes, that's right, they are INSIDE my house. The boys think they are cool but I'm terrified. I keep staring at the door to the laundry room and waiting for them to bust out of their tiny cage and swarm under the door and attack me. Have I mentioned that I hate bees?

6 comments:
Yikes! That's A LOT of bees! Hope that cage holds up for you :)
Mandy,
It was so good to hear from you. I can't believe how big your boys are. You are way more brave than I am. I never would have picked up the bees from the post office.
Good luck with the new baby. Post lots of pictures when she arrives.
Kim
Yeah, Jon owes you big time! How were you able to handle everything? I'm thinking...pregnant..two other kids...bees...bulky..how did you even get them into the laundry room! Hopefully you had a truck and the post office isn't very far away.
You are WAY braver than me. I couldn't even imagine having bees in my house willingly!! Poor Walker is allergic to mosquitoes, I would had to think what would happen if he got stung by a bee! Hope you are enjoying Mtn. Home, it's going on our dream sheet. We'll find out where we PCS to in June/July.
OH MY HECK..WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES HE DO WITH THEM?? THAT IS CREEPY..I GOT GOOSEBUMPS JUST SEEING THAT PIC..COULD NOT IMAGINE THEM ANYWHERE NEAR ME...YIKES!
Jon & Mandi,
HELLO!!!! I finally found your blog...how are you doing? Check us out at maniacmartineaus.blogspot.com. You look great and are getting so close...I am only three weeks behind you!!! Hope all is well. Keep in touch, and give Jon a squeeze for me:)
love you guys!
Tiffani
Post a Comment