Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sad Day!

A couple of weeks ago Jonathan received orders to ship out to Iraq again. We don't have all the info yet, but he will be leaving for training around August and will be in Iraq in September. We love the military life but this is by far the hardest thing we have ever had to deal with. To put an even bigger damper on things... this means we won't be able to make our annual trip to AZ. Oh, how we miss you all.

6 comments:

Nicole Palmer said...

I guess we will have to come visit you guys then! It stinks that Jonathan has to leave again so soon - we wish you all the best.

Kristi said...

May your steps be guided and blessed. Continue to serve with honor and wisdom. We love you all.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Dang, I'm sorry Mandi! I know you were probably kidding on my blog, but I don't see why we can't work that all out! I would love to have you come out here to hang for awhile! I will start looking up plane tickets!

The Mattesons said...

That stinks! Hang in there and we will keep your family in our prayers. We still haven't heard when Rikk will be home yet, hopefully sometime today. I figured out that he has been deployed about 2 years out of our seven years of marriage and then on top of that he is also 24 on/24 off, which means he has been gone for atleast half our marriage just with his regular work schedule. Oh well, such is the life of the military and fire fighter. Hang in there and you will be surprised at what big helps your little boys will be while Jonathan is gone.

Allison said...

That is too bad. Clay hasn't had a tour yet, but I know someday he will and I am sure I will think of you and how you handled it. I am sure you have your moments, but from our small amount of time we spent together in Texas, you are a very optimistic and positive person. We will think of you and support you as much as we can-even if it it just by prayers.

Aunt Tiff said...

I look up to the both of you...I can't even imagine how hard it must be. You are always in our prayers and thought!!

Alaska

Alaska