Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blood Brothers: A Scar for a Scar!

Today was a fun day. The boys were especially whiny today. They argued over EVERYTHING. And then, this afternoon, peace. Jordynn was sleeping. The boys were playing sweetly together in the backyard. Or so I thought... Screams! The kind that makes every mother jump from her seat. I got to the door the same time Trayton did. Blood running down his face. Kade right behind him, with a look of guilt and terror on his face. Apparently they were throwing rocks at each other. Hmmm, sounds like a fun game. After a few minutes of a cold compress and no signs of clotting I made a decision. Wake Jordynn. Throw three kids into the car. And head to the ER. (Have I mentioned that Jonathan's gone again? Yup, he's in Alabama doing training all month!) 20 minutes later we get to the hospital (I drove out to the base). Trayton tried to be brave.

3 staples later.
Now the boys will have matching scars (Remember last month when Trayton hit Kade in the head with the shovel.)

11 comments:

Kent Palmer Family said...

Oh my goodness. OUCH!! I am afraid that that is going to happen to Ashton and Kimberlyn, they have been interested in rocks and how far they can throw them. It scares me, Ashton has hit Kim before, not to where it makes her bleed or anything. It seems like every time Jonathan is gone things happen to you and your family. Take care of those kids, you are doing a great job. We love you and miss you dearly.

CASSIE said...

My heck! That looks like it hurts!! Poor guy...oh the joys of boys!

Meg and Jeremy said...

ok so now I know why you called me twice this afternoon. Sorry I wasn't able to answer the phone. Poor Trayton. Staples sound worse than stitches, I hope he's doing ok. Tell him I love him and give him a hug for me. I'll talk to you soon. Love you!

Sydney said...

I love your title for this post. Says it perfectly!

Beth Ann said...

My Poor Little Friends ( You & Trayton )...Glad you survived the day, but any hospital visit without the dad is nerve-wracking! Trayton & Kade have sure embraced being Idaho boys! Here's to hoping your next few days are UNEVENTFUL! :)

Mills Family said...

Why is that everytime Jonathan leaves something exciting happens. He is not allowed to leave again. Hope Trayton is ok. That must have been a pretty big rock, it looks like a pretty big cut. Hang in there. We love and miss you guys.

Kari said...

I can not believe he is smiling in the picture! What a brave boy! How are you holding up? I DO NOT like going to the ER by myself-I can't imagine anyone does. Hope your next "event" is a lot less exciting!

Aunt Tiff said...

FUN FUN FUN!! Just did that a few backs with 7 staples! Gotta love those kids...NEVER a dull moment!

Hanie said...

You are a smart mommy - taking him to the hospital! My goodness-I hope we don't get any posts like this again.

Brenda said...

Oh boy! I hope they have gotten it out of their systems now..ouchie!

Nicole Palmer said...

Oh NOOOOOOOO! Crazy boys! Gordon mentioned something about this... I had no idea.

Alaska

Alaska