Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mini Van Driving Soccer Mom

I have this image in my mind about what a mini van driving soccer mom looks like. That image goes something like this....


And yet here I am. A mini van driving soccer mom.

We wanted a second vehicle and, with three kids and a budget, the mini van just made sense. Then soccer started and I realized I was a mini van driving soccer mom. {Sigh} I'm way too young to be this old!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I feel your pain! I was a minivan driving soccer mom....now I get to drive a durango....a little better. But my van was worse! It was purple!

Allison said...

Funny! I remember that skit and my son (he was probably 5 at the time) asked me if I had mom jeans. It is frustrating to fit a description that is less than glamorous. You are still cute in my book! I am still driving our Yukon, so I am safe. ha ha just kidding.

Aunt Tiff said...

Oh honey....I LOVE my minivan! just think, you could be having to drive a 15 passanger BUS like I do, so welcome the minivan with a smile!!!!!!

CASSIE said...

admit it~-- you LOVE it...or you soon will! :)

Kari said...

You forgot one thing. You are a totally HOT soccer mom, that is different...you make the minivan look good!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Mini Vans are the coolest! It's about time you joined the cool crowd!

kayleen said...

at least your pants don't go up to your ribcage.

Dahlia said...

Yeah, no mom jeans for you! :) Mini vans are great, don't let the world fool you...congrats on the new vehicle!

Aunt Bec said...

I always said I would never drive a mini van, but it might be nice to have a reason to eat crow someday. Congrats on the new van, and p.s. you are way to cute with your new title. Enjoy soccer season... it is going to be cold up there before too long. :(

beau.shaunalee said...

I agree with Kayleen! hahaha! that is hilarious.
I would LOVE to see you in Novemeber! Are you headed up to Fairbanks?? ...and your family pictures are SO cute! I can't believe how old/big your baby is!!! SHE is a doll!

Anne said...

You are going to have some of the best memories being a minivan driving soccor mom! And how exciting that your boys get to go to preschool together - I loved going to school with my siblings (at least on most days :) Your little Jordynn is a cutie, espeically in pigtails! Your family pictures turned out great. I love the one with each of you by a tree - how fun! And the one of you and your daughter is precious. I'm impressed with how much honey you got...you have your own bees right? You'll have to tell us more about it because my husband wants to try keeping bees someday. Right now, our chickens and home improvement house keep us plenty busy! Have a great day and I always love getting on your blog! Anne

Mills Family said...

Looks like a Honda Odyssy. You are a true Crandell along with Troy and Marcie, Leon up until a few months ago. I know you guys will sure fill it up.

Alaska

Alaska