And Joseph also went up from Galilee...To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger.
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them...and said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
And there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem...and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
My heart is full during this Christmas time. For a mother who gave birth in the lowliest of conditions. For a man who chose to believe and stand by that woman and her child. And especially for a tiny baby who changed the world.

5 comments:
You made me cry. I think this is the most precious thing ever. How wonderful of you guys to do this with your family. What great parents and what a fun memory for your kids! I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Love you guys!
I agree with your Aunt. How truly amazing you and your family are! What a special treat, thanks for sharing. Hope you had a great Christmas!! Miss you!
What a creative way to present the nativity and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! We always love acting it out with our children too...it makes it become much more real. Your gingerbread house tradition is so fun and very thoughtful...I love that you still gave away the huge broken one. What a memory! :) Take care and I always love looking at your blog.
LOVE your Christmas post - how refreshing!
Mandi, this is quite possibly the very BEST Christmas post I have ever read! I LOVE it!! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment