Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wood Cutting

For Memorial Day we went up to the mountains and chopped down trees with some friends.  Here is Jonathan with the first of our many loads of wood.

Trayton was in heaven.  He climbed trees, helped load wood, and hiked all along the small stream nearby.  He was such a great help.

Kade wasn't feeling well.  He was miserable with a cold.  But he still tried to have fun.

Braelynn never took a nap.  So this is the face that I had to deal with all afternoon.

Trayton was such a good help.

Jordynn was pretty cranky too.  She was sick the previous week and wasn't feeling 100% yet.  However, this picture she actually chose to pout for.

Kade.  Always with a tired, dazed look on his face.

After we spent the entire day loading up this trailer with wood we headed out exhausted and hungry.  About 100 yards from the main road our friends truck got stuck in a HUGE mud bog.  We tried everything to get it out.  Eventually we had to unload the entire trailer in order to get it unstuck.  Then Jonathan backed his truck down the road and we loaded his truck and then drove to the road where we reloaded the trailer.  It took 5 truck loads to get all the wood back into the trailer.  I had lots of snacks in the van so I fed the kids cheese sticks, apples, rolls, crackers and cookies for dinner.  The next morning I asked Trayton what I could do different next time to make it more fun for the kids.  His only comment, bring a better dinner.  After 2 hrs we finally got the truck unstuck and the trailer reloaded.  It was a long day but we are excited to use our new wood stove this winter.


1 comment:

CASSIE said...

This reminds me of MANY saturdays growing up! :) Good ol Keith B and his wood pile! I will have to try the paper bag game for FHE-- Hilarious!

Alaska

Alaska