Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thunderbirds

The kids and I happened to show up in Vegas on the same weekend that the Thunderbirds were performing. Being the adventurous folk that we are we packed up all 6 kids and 3 adults and went out to Nellis to watch the performance. The kids had tons of fun. I'm always impressed by the Thunderbirds. They spin and do these death dives and fly upside down, etc., etc.
However, we made the mistake of staying until the end of the show and had to battle the huge crowd to get back to the car. We had to take a bus from the parking lot to the airshow and back again. The line for the buses was enormous. If you look at this picture you can barely see the middle of the line. It looped all the way down to the end of the street and back up again. It took FOREVER to get to the buses. Did I mention we had 6 kids with us? Whew! Good thing we had so much fun while we were there.

5 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Look at you! You've seen them multiple times and us jealous folk haven't even seen them once! What fun! And I finally get to see YOU on the blog! Thanks Meg for taking a picture of our dear, sweet friend who is against self-portraits for some reason!

Meg and Jeremy said...

Beth Ann I am glad you enjoyed the picture of my beautiful sister Mandi. I have no idea why she doesn't like pics, she always looks so cute. (Check out my blog for further evidence). We did have fun, although that line was torture!

Case Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Case Family said...

Wow! your Kids are getting so big! Where is Jonathan now? how long till he gets back? You all are going to have a great vacation and come see us in Italy when he does right?? miss you Jen

Hanie said...

The Thunderbirds are awesome! I went to them just over a year ago in Glendale and I totally feel your pain about waiting in line for the bus. Everyone and their dogs go and see them.

Alaska

Alaska