
Jonathan's dad is coming this week to help Jonathan put a new roof on the house. So Jonathan had a few of his friends come over this weekend to pull the old shingles off so that the roof will be ready to be reshingled when Dad gets here. We checked the forecast before tearing the roof off and things looked okay. The forecast predicted a small chance of scattered showers so we expected a few sprinkles but nothing to worry about. WELL, 5 minutes after Jonathan got the last of the shingles off the roof it started to rain. Not the sprinkles we expected but a downpour. It was not good. It poured for about 15-20 minutes and within that time I ran around the house with bowls and towels trying to catch the dripping water while the boys ran around yelling, "MOM! It's raining in the house!" Today, Jonathan spent the day making sure everything dried out okay and working on the roof so that, if it rains again, hopefully it won't come into the house. I can hardly wait for Jonathan's dad to get here!

2 comments:
Mandi!!
AH I was looking at Cassies Blog and I just saw that you had one!! Your Family is so DANG CUTE!!! I love it!! You look so happy! I feel really sad we have not kept better in touch after high school!! But I love it maybe this will be a better way to keep in touch!
So sad/kinda funny about the roof! You think you've thought of everything and then mother nature does not cooperate! I can't wait to see the new roof!
Post a Comment