So many people. So many places. So many pictures! Where do I begin? At the beginning. Thank you Mom and Dad Crandell for your kindness and love. I'm so thankful that we got to attend the reunion this year. It was the experience of a lifetime.
After two weeks in Arizona we flew to New York for a 5 day church history mini tour. 37 Crandell's. Multiple church history sites. Pageant. Food. Fun. Laughter. It couldn't have been better. I've spent the last several hours sorting through pictures and pondering experiences that I don't want to forget. I learned some valuable lessons along the way. Lessons that were completely unexpected but very much needed.
I was able to walk with my family through some very sacred places; from attending the Palmyra Temple to walking through the Sacred Grove. Before my journey began I imagined these places to be full of the Spirit. And they were. But I realized that it isn't necessary to make a pilgrimage to sacred places to be filled. The Spirit of God is not confined to any particular location; it is in our hearts and can be carried with us always. We can call on our Heavenly Father at any time and in any place and be heard and receive witness of His divinity and love for us. I didn't walk into the Sacred Grove and all of a sudden have my testimony strengthened like I anticipated. But I did listen to my daughter bear her testimony in the Sacred Grove to all the family and feel strengthened. As I hiked the Hill Cumorah I felt sweaty and exhausted. There was no angelic witness of my Savior's love. But as I prayed on the hillside to my Heavenly Father for the safety and quick return of my son I was overwhelmed with a feeling of love and compassion. Time and again during our 5 day trek I received a witness of the presence of a loving Heavenly Father at the most unexpected times. I realized that while there are sacred places where divine experiences occurred there can also be sacred moments. Moments in our lives where the Spirit can manifest truths. Moments that can stand as tall as any monument and testify over and over that God does live. I'm so thankful for the unexpected moments of this journey that have strengthened me and taught me humble lessons along the way.
Now as I try to sort through all my thoughts (and pictures) over the next few days I'll try to post of all our experiences of the most amazing Crandell Family Reunion.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alaska

No comments:
Post a Comment