Do you all remember having to make your kids get the PKU done? You know, the test where the lab tech pricks your baby's heel and then squeezes it until they get enough blood to fill the four dime size circles on the paper?! Jordynn had hers done today. Only the lab tech couldn't get her to bleed. So he pricked her again. Jordynn was turning purple because she was crying so Hard. But he still couldn't fill even one of those circles. So he pricked her AGAIN!! My poor baby was so distraught! Unfortunately he STILL couldn't get her to bleed. So he called over another lab tech and they practically sliced her heel open to make it bleed. An hour later it was still bleeding! Three pricks and a slice! The lab tech felt really bad, but my poor Jordynn was hysterical. Every time she bumps her heel she bursts into tears and she now has a little bruise on her leg because the lab techs were squeezing it so hard. Filthy PKU!

Okay so in order to make this post a little less dismal I thought I would include a couple of pictures. I think it's safe to say these boys sure love their little sister.
7 comments:
Let me guess, that was on base?
POOR THING...THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO JADA...I WANTED TO CRY- AND WITH RANAN-- THEY FORGOT TO DO IT BEFORE WE LEFT THE HOSPIRAL SO THEY MADE US TRAVEL 30 MINUTES BACK A FEW DAYS LATER IN THE POORING RAIN TO GET IT..I WAS SOOO TICKED! AT LEAST THEY GAVE ME A GIFT CERT FOR AN HOUR FACIAL...THAT WAS MUCH NEEDED..BUT MY POOR BABY...WHAT A LITTLE SWEETHEART YOU HAVE ON YOUR HANDS THOUGH!!
those nasty technicians!! I bet her heel is like hamburger! I'm so glad her brother's are there to protect her now!!
Poor girl!!! So not looking forward to having to do that in the near future:)
Tiffani
It's great to see new pictures of your sweet little girl. She is beautiful! I hate medical stuff - I swear sometimes they try to make it hurt - dang it!
Your baby is adorable! It is fun to see pics of your cute little family!
Love- Sean & Brittany Greco
It makes me cringe down to my very center just to read that because I know exactly how you must have felt! Poor Jordynn too!--She is a DOLL by the way! You have the greatest little family!
Post a Comment